Tuesday

Progress has been made on my blobs of knitting.

In fact the dark brown blob of knitting, Lamb's Pride Burly Spun, is very close to being done. The neck, one side seam to be sewn up, and blocking. Buuuut its got issues, could be caused by using the combination of two patterns and my own calculations, hopefully blocking will save the day. Do I sound doubtful? Well I feel doubtful about it, whatever, just pull it out and start again if it feels really wrong.


I don't think I've mentioned the second blob. It all started with a trip to Churchmouse Yarns and Teas on Bainbridge Island. I bought yarn, started pattern, lost interest, sat for several months, is now out in open again, and all I can think about is how to avoid the ribbing, PAIN In The A** ribbing. Not a good sign for this poor shrug/cardigan. Its knit in one long strip and then sewn on, yuck, even picking up stitches sounds better, which I'm thinking of doing. Why in the world am I knitting this? Oh yeah, because I tried someone's on and fell in love with it and reasoning went out the window. Sorry I'm whining.


I really am loving knitting right now, really, its just the final product is often not working out, or I never get there.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

It does look like you are knitting up a storm. At some point there is bound to be an FO that works out right.

bitterknitter said...

I never seem to get to a final product either! I hope that blocking fixes it all for you. Una is looking great, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I've used that burly spun stuff and if you have to rip out the entire thing, it will take you about six minutes to re-knit it, it's so bulky and wonderful. I hope it works out for you.

Blog Archive