Wednesday

Dvd's
I've been watching gobbes of them.


I've also been repeatedly watching Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters and North and South, both put out by BBC. The other day I read in a British magazine that they were making Cranford, yippie, I'm super excited about this, Judi Dench and Michael Gambon are going to be in it. It's likely to be awhile before it comes out here in the States, so I thought I would take some time reread Cranford and perhaps some of her other titles. I discoverd today that you can download for free the ebook version of Cranford at Project Gutenberg.

Oh and has anyone else seen Becoming Jane? I saw it a few weeks ago and absolutly loved it. I had read some reviews that were not favorable, saying its much the same as many of the Jane Austen movies already out there, but I think they just did not get it. Of course there are similarities because they happened to her and she put bits of her life in the novels, at least thats how I see it.

No comments:

Blog Archive