So I'm very excited about SP7, I had been wanting to do this for awhile. Today I'm at home with a cold so it was the perfect thing to spend some time doing, now I think I'll take another nap.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I guess I am a little bit of a yarn snob. I do avoid 100% acrylic but I think some of the blends out there now are interesting.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin. I crochet but only a bit.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My straights are in my mom's old psychedelic needle holder (picture in Nov. 20th post). Double pointed needles I try to keep in the packaging, but as I'm typing this I see a lot of theem hanging out in my pen holder on my desk. Circular needles are in zip lock bags ( yuk).
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about fifteen years, with about two nonknitting years in there somewhere. I would say my skill level is intermediate.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Oh yeah I have a Amazon wish list, I love wish lists.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I have a favorite lotion thats called Skin Trip (yes I got that from you G) , its got coconut, aloe, and lanolin. Anything that smells like that I love, plus I love candles and incense (mild in the scent, light and beachy).
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love sweets and coffee, my addictions. Love cupcakes, cake, cookies.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Drawing, bookbinding, would like to start doing a little sewing(no experience), and want to do some beading again.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Love, love Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Beautiful Girls, G Love, and similar. Also like Gwen Stefani and the new Strokes.Love discoving new music. I listen to music thru my computer with Itunes but can do cd's as well.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
All over the place with color right now. I am going through a pink phase, from pale pink to magenta like. Love pink combined with warm oranges and reds.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have one cat and pretty soon a new kitten.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Not much of a poncho wearer but yes to the rest, especially scarves.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don't have a particular favorite yarn right now. I do love Rowan yarn, Vesper sock yarn, and Lambs Pride worsted.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Not into cotton or anything else that does not have a lot of give to it. Hurts my hands.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, top down garments, and scarves.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Same as above.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Jaywalker socks in Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock yarn (its yummy). Insubordinat handspun which is already knit up but 99.9% sure I will rip and reknit. A Anthropologie inspired top down thing using leftover Lamb's Pride. I called "Thing" because its a decide as I go project.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Addi Turbo circulars all the way.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Addi's and S. Bates double pointed needles.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both.
22. How did you learn to knit?
When I graduated from art school (majored in woven textiles) a long, long, time ago I started working in a textile supply store . They agreed to hire me if I would learn how to knit.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Well lets see I have one of my Grandmothers unfinished projects, okay so if that doesn't count its probally a fair aisle vest that was started at least ten years ago. yikes.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like Hello Kitty, Minna No Tabo, like flower, cupcake, and skull and crossbone images.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I guess its Christmas because I usually get to see family.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn I guess, permanent markers (thin).
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have subscriptions but I generally buy Rowan magazine, Rebecca, and sometimes Interweave Knits.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Dying for more Vesper yarn (got Aqua Melon) and Regia Fun Color Nation.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not at the moment.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I'm a sock knitter. Foot measurements are 9.5 inchs from back of heel to tip of toe.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)