Saturday

Jaywalkers
Whew hoo the Jaywalkers are done. I likey. Well I still need to sew in the ends and that will happen tonight because I would like to wear them tomarrow. They did come out a little large but I kind of knew they would since Grumperina recommended using size one needles and I ignored that and used two's.


So these are my favorite shoes, wear them almost every day, and I never noticed how well the colors go together. It's like it was meant to be. Hee Hee.
The yarn is Lorna's Laces Sheperd Sock in colorway 205, Irving Park.


So tonight I can finally let Una and Metro have contact. Yeah!
One thing I need to work on with Una is to get her to stop attacking my hands and feet, I think I remember reading somewhere its good to distract them with other toys. Is this a common kitty problem? If anyone has advice I would gladly take it, right now she thinks this is fun but I think it would be good to get her out of the habit.

I'm so excited, today a friend and I are meeting for coffee and then it's Ikea time. I'm having dreams of my apartment being all organized and pretty after shopping at Ikea, shhhh, just let me daydream about that for now.

2 comments:

bitterknitter said...

Lovely socks!

For Una, definately use a toy to distract her. If she does go after your hands or feet, say No or some other word kinda loud and quickly. It should be enough to get her attention, but not enough to completely scare her. Then grab a toy and keep playing. With Winston, I would yell ouch every time he attacked my hands and he finally stopped. He still occasionally attacks my feet, but only when I have on shoes, so I play with him a bit. If he were doing it when I didn't have on shoes, I'd be carrying around a squirt bottle to get him with every time!

Good luck with your kitty introduction, let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

The socks are fabu. Great colors, great patterns, GREAT shoes! Congrats.

Blog Archive