Wednesday

SP 10 Questionnaire.

So I joined Secret Pal 10 and super excited about it, really enjoyed the one I did a ways back.

Here is the Questionnaire. Thanks for reading!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Love wool, wool combined with other fibers, and my world just opened up to alpaca and I adore it.
There really no fibers I do not like but I will tell you my HANDS do not like cottons, linens, and anything that has little give to it. One of the reasons I'm excited about having a knitting machine is to play with some of the fibers my hands won't tolerate.
Okay I lied, I guess I do not like 100% acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have my mom's old psychedelic needle holder which takes care of the straight's and I just ordered something to store all my circulars.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Wow, let's see, its so long ago, something like fifteen years. I had just graduated from art school in Chicago having majored in woven textiles, and I got a job at a shop called The Weaving Workshop. Despite the name a major part of the business was knitting, you could say I started working in a knit shop and had no idea how to knit. They taught me though, and to this day one of my favorite people in the world is the manager who got me knitting.
I have been knitting a long time but am I advanced? Eh not sure I've pushed myself to that level.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do have an Amazon wish list.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Scents that make you think of the beach and sun. Mild scents, jojoba/coconut oil, favorite lotion is Skin Trip.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Major sweet tooth, some fav's are: marzipan, milk chocolate, french pastries, cupcakes, cookies, cannot go wrong with a good box of mixed chocolates, oh and of course cake.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Digital photos, knitting machine, sketching, bookbinding, beading( though its been ages, I would like to get back into it a bit). I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I play all my music thru my laptop and itunes, so I use c.d.'s and mp3's. Still completely addicted to Jack Johnson and the like.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I think my green phase is passing and I'm getting back into natural tones, but I still love colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Una and I. Una is my sweet,crazy, hyper thirteen month old cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear all of the above, but often dislike the way a hat looks on me and do not own a poncho though not averse to wearing a nice simple one.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Right now cardigans, scarves, and vests. I do have a sock knitting "thing" but at the moment its not happening.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Glampyre's Camellia and a very open knit cardigan on the knitting machine kind of based on a design from one of my Japanese knitting books.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Mostly work on Addi circulars. Not big on the bamboo's (or any kind of wood really) but anything else is fine.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I own both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Uhhhh, there are some old ones that I can't remember at this moment (more likely I don't want to remember them). One is a wrap sweater that is knit but has tons of tedious finishing that I hate and will probably never finish.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

I guess Christmas if I were forced to pick one.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Vintage needles and accessories. I also have a button collection I inherited from my mom, Japanese craft books, hearts (mostly photos), stones, shells, and glass from the beach.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Just read a review for Lace Style by Pam Allen on Mind of Winter blog, and I do believe that is a must have someday book.
Must have Rowan Studio Issue Three. Recently bought one and two and love, love, love them.

Do not have any magazine subscriptions but always buy British mags, Living Etc., Elle Interiors, Vogue, and Elle Fashion. Trying to cut back on these and get my eye candy from the internet, I think its worked a bit.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Tons of new techniques to learn on the knitting machine but nothing comes to mind for hand knitting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am a sock knitter. My feet are about 9 1/2 inches long, I wear us size 8 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?

May 29th

No comments:

Blog Archive