Saturday

New Projects.
So it would seem that because I have finished ONE project I have allowed myself to start TWO new projects with the possibility of a THIRD one getting started. Oh dear.
The two yarns below are for scarves, and you know I do think since I wear scarves all the time I can never make too many, I just love them.
The yarn on the left is Rowan Big Wool Tuft that I got on sale, I think because it has been discontinued, at any rate I've already started making a scarf with this stuff on size 35 needles. The color is a wonderful, a steely blue grey that I think will look really nice with a brown coat I wear. The texture is crazy, organic and all over the place.


The other yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Super Chunky of which I only have two balls of so it might be more of a neck kerchief thing. I'm not sure but I'm pondering crochet with this yarn, not sure though.


So here's the Cascade yarn that was meant for another Lara but Anna from Rowan Studio Issue 1 has stolen my heart and the Cascade yarn.


I am making some changes since the yarn I'm using is very different from the yarn in the pattern. I did'nt think the garter stitch in the pattern worked well with the Cascade so I took it out and will do one by one rib at the bottom and at the front edges to prevent curling. I've started the back and so far I'm very happy with it, I like the way the yarn over's are looking.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I like the grey scarf. Ths stitch pattern is lovely.

Blog Archive